Hollywood Walk Of Fame Committee Now Accepting Nominations
Deadline: Hardcopy of Nomination required by Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 12 Noon.
Click here to download the Hollywood Walk of Fame Nomination Form.
No previous formats of the Nomination Application will be accepted.
Nominations for the Hollywood Walk of Fame are now being accepted by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. Deadline for submission is Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 12 noon. Hardcopy is required. All nominations will be considered at the annual Walk of Fame Committee meeting to be held in June. The committee will make selections for the year 2019.
All Nomination Forms Must Be Submitted By Thursday, May 31, 2018 At Noon
To Be Considered In June Selection Meeting For 2019
Hollywood Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Deadline for submission is on Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 12 noon. No exceptions. All nominations will be considered in the annual Walk of Fame Committee meeting to be held in June. The Walk of Fame Committee will make selections for the year 2019.
“We are constantly asked about the process. Nominating someone for a star is as simple as can be! All we ask for is a completed nomination application and a commitment to sponsor the star should their celebrity sign off on the nomination and attend the event if selected. Anyone can nominate their favorite celebrity, including a fan,” said Ana Martinez, Producer of the Walk of Fame ceremonies. “Each year, we receive an average of 300 nominations. The Walk of Fame Committee will select an elite group of personalities to become our newest Walk of Famers and continue to help make Hollywood the most famous landmark in the world!”
Nomination applications can be obtained at www.walkoffame.com
Nomination Procedures: http://www.walkoffame.com/pages/nominations
Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.walkoffame.com/pages/faqs
Sample Nomination Form: http://www.walkoffame.com/media/walkoffamenomination.pdf
The Walk of Fame categories include Motion Pictures, Television, Radio, Recording and Live Theatre/Live Performance. The Walk of Fame Committee will select approximately 30 names for insertion into the world-famous Walk.
Whether nominating an individual or group, the sponsor must submit a photo, a bio and the nominee’s qualifications as well as a list of contributions to the community and civic-oriented participation. A letter of agreement from the nominee or his/her management must be included with the application. Those selected for stars have a two year time frame in which to set their ceremony date. They do expire upon the two year anniversary of selection. Posthumous nominations have a five year waiting period.
The Hollywood Walk of Fame does not encourage or endorse online campaigns for fundraising for a star prior to selection. Such initiatives do not impact the selection process for a star on the Walk of Fame. The committee does not accept signatures, phone calls, e-mails, or any form of written or online petitions for a nomination. Beware of all online petitions that collect your email address to no avail. Only official Walk of Fame applications are accepted. “We encourage that you read and fully understand the nomination and selection process on our website www.walkoffame.com,” said Martinez.
New selections will be announced late June. See www.walkoffame.com for updates.
FOR PRESS QUESTIONS CONTACT: Ana Martinez at Stargirl@hollywoodchamber.net
ABOUT THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME www.WalkOfFame.com
The Hollywood Walk of Fame is an internationally-recognized Hollywood icon. With approximately 30 star ceremonies annually broadcast live around the world, the constant reinforcement provided to the public has made the Walk of Fame a top visitor attraction. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce continues to add stars to the Walk of Fame as the representative of the City of Los Angeles. The Walk of Fame is a tribute to all of those who worked diligently to develop the concept and to maintain this world-class tourist attraction. The Walk of Fame is open to the public. No paid admission or assigned seating at star ceremonies.It is understood that the cost of installing a star on the Walk of Fame upon approval is $40,000 and the sponsor of the nominee accepts the responsibility for arranging for payment to the Hollywood Historic Trust, a 501(c)3 charitable foundation. The funds are used to pay for the creation/installation of the star and ceremony, as well as maintenance of the Walk of Fame.
The Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Hollywood Sign are registered trademarks of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
No previous formats will be accepted.
Complete the nomination application online, save on your computer and then email to email@example.com
Make sure to mail a hardcopy to be received (not postmarked) no later Thursday, May 31, 2018 by 12 Noon
CHECK WEBSITE FOR UPCOMING STAR CEREMONIES:
The Walk of Fame includes five categories:
- Motion Pictures
- Live Theatre/Performance
All Nominations must include the following documents with the application:
- Photo of the nominee
- Brief bio of nominee - no more than 5 pages
- Nominee's qualifications
- List of contributions to the community and civic-oriented participation
- Letter of agreement from the nominee or his/her management
The committee will select approximately about 30 names for insertion into the Walk. Nomination of an individual or group must be approved by the Walk of Fame Committee, sometimes requiring several annual nominations before a nominee is selected to receive a star. The most qualified artists nominated are eligible for a star to be installed in the Walk during the subsequent year. Those not selected for the current year are requested to resubmit for the following nomination period.
The criteria for receiving a star consists of the following:
- professional achievement
- longevity of five years or more
- contributions to the community and
- the guarantee that the celebrity will attend the dedication ceremony if selected.
- Posthumous awards require a five-year waiting period.
After the Walk of Fame Committee has made its selections, the Chamber's Board of Directors also vote to approve the star and then for a final vote, the names are submitted to the City of Los Angeles' Board of Public Works Department.
All honorees must be approved by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, the decisions of which are final and entirely within the Chamber's Discretion. Nomination and selection procedures, forms, and qualifications are guidelines only, entirely within the Chamber's discretion, and are subject to change at any time, without notice.
Special Rules for Performing Duos and Groups:
The current owner(s) of a performing duo or group name must consent in writing to the nomination before it will be considered. The names of all group members, past and present, must be included on the nomination form. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to condition award and installation of any star honoring a duo or group on its discretionary satisfaction with the sponsor's arrangements regarding honorees and the installation ceremony.
If selected for a star, all musical groups must add Hollywood Chamber of Commerce as additional insured.
After reading FAQ, if you still have any questions, please email Ana Martinez. Or you can call (323) 469-8311 and ask for Ana Martinez.
Hollywood citizens and tourists alike look forward to each dedication ceremony with eager anticipation.
FOLLOW THIS SAMPLE FOR WALK OF FAME NOMINATION FORM
Often portrayed as America's sexiest actor, Kevin Costner's talent is what has truly guided him through his immensely successful career. An actor, producer and director, Costner gave bus tours of the stars homes in Hollywood before landing his first role in THE BIG CHILL although his scenes eventually made their way to the cutting room floor. He has gone on to appear in over thirty films spanning the last two decades. His most credited film, DANCES WITH WOLVES, won him numerous awards, including the Oscar for Best Director and Best Picture in 1991. Charity: Haven House-a home for victims of domestic violence.
- Dances with Wolves (1990)
- 1991 Won Academy Award - Best Director
- 1991 Won Academy Award - Best Picture
- 1991 Nominated Academy Award - Best Actor in a Leading Role
- 1992 Nominated BAFTA Film Award - Best Actor, Best Direction, Best Film
- 1991 Won Silver Berlin Bear - Outstanding Single Achievement
- 1991 Nominated Golden Berlin Bear
- 1991 Won DGA Award - Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Motion Pictures
- 1991 Won Golden Globe - Best Director - Motion Picture
- 1991 Nominated Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
- 1990 Won National Board Review - Best Director
- 1991 Won Motion Picture Producer of the Year Award
- 1991 Won Bronze Wrangler - Western Heritage Award - Theatrical Motion Picture
- JFK (1991)
- 1992 Nominated Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)
- 1992 Nominated MTV Movie Awards - Best Male Performance
- 1992 Nominated MTV Movie Awards - Best On-Screen Duo
- 1992 Nominated MTV Movie Awards - Most Desirable Male
- The Bodyguard (1992)
- 1993 Nominated MTV Movie Awards - Best Male Performer
- 1993 Nominated MTV Movie Awards - Best On-Screen Duo
- 1993 Nominated MTV Movie Awards - Most Desirable Male
- Tin Cup (1996)
- 1997 Nominated Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical
- Message in a Bottle (1999)
- 2000 Nominated Blockbuster Entertainment Award - Favorite Actor - Drama/Romance
- 1988 Won Golden Apple - Male Star of the Year
- 1990 Won Hasty Pudding Theatricals - Man of the Year
- 1992 Won People's Choice Award - Favorite Dramatic Motion Picture Actor
- 1993 Won People's Choice Award - Favorite Dramatic Motion Picture Actor
Check out the new Hollywood Chamber Walk of Fame Reception Guide.